- Course Number: MTEC 1003
- Semester: Fall 2019
- Section: D304 (33206)
- Instructor: Professor Louis Goldford
- Office Hours: By Appointment
- Email: LGoldford@citytech.cuny.edu
- Course Schedule: Monday 2:00 to 4:30pm
- Room: Voorhees 314
- Please note : Our schedule of topics and their precise order may change.
Module 1 - Command Line
- Week 1 - File System, Folders, Command Line Basics
- Week 2 - Output, Download, Compress/Archive, Uncompress/Unarchive
- Week 3 - Working with Files
Module 2 - Source Code Management, Collaboration
- Week 4 - Version Control Basics: init, add, commit, status, diff
- Week 5 - Review of Basic git
- spring break
Module 4 - Publishing on the Web
- Week 14 - HTML / CSS basics
- Week 15 - Communicating with a remote server / publishing to the web
- LAB EXERCISES - Each of the 15 labs is worth 5 points of your grade to total 75% of your total course grade.
- No late work will be accepted. Labs are considered late if they are not turned in (committed to GitHub) BY the Sunday prior to the following lab class -- this means AT 11:59 PM on Saturday at the latest. If you have still not submitted your GitHub username to me prior to any lab deadline, the lab will be considered late and will not be graded.
- PARTICIPATION - 25% of your total course grade. Every class you wil be giving a participation grade out of 3 points. 3 = full, 2 = partial/late, 1 = minimal/very late, 0 = none/absent.
- No food or beverages. Only water in sealed water bottle - will affect Participation Grade.
- No smartphones or mobile devices. No headphones - will affect Participation Grade.
- Do not modify desktop settings and do not leave any files on the desktop.
- Locate all of your work in the assigned student folder.
- No installation of software unless working with an instructor.
- Help requests to the Course Instructor will be read and responded to during normal working hours.
- You are responsible for keeping all of your files on portable storage media. We cannot promise your files will remain on your lab computer from one class to the next.
- Lab is reserved for students enrolled in MTEC or ENT courses.
- Open lab hours are posted and subject to change.